How long after potty training were you able to take your toddler out to shop or elsewhere without putting them in a diaper?

How old were they?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• I waited until my kids were 3. Then I stayed home for 3 days and got rid of diapers completely. Undies only! After that, I went everywhere.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I have been training my oldest since he has been 15 months old. Now, he is 3 1/2 and still refuses to use the potty. We set a timer and he goes at least every 45mins. But he still has accidents and we still have to take a backup outfit everywhere!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• As soon as they were going all day without accidents. We potty trained our youngest last November right before Thanksgiving. The only time she wore a pull-up after that was when we were going to be out for a long period of time because she was still uncertain about using a public bathroom.

I think the last time we brought a pull-up with her (never put it on her) was back in February. She was 2 1/2. Last time she wore a pull-up was when we went to the museum back in January. We bought a pack on our way and she only ever wore the one. The rest we gave to our middle daughter who wets the bed.

Basically she hasn't worn diapers/pull-ups at any point since she was potty trained at 2 1/2. She's 3 1/2 now and has no problem using public bathrooms now (even uses the one at school without help and it doesn't have kid sized toilets).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2009