Little girls are so mean..

Yes, they truly are. My 9 yr old daughter went shopping with me lastnight and I bought her this really cute blouse that she just had to have. She loved the shirt to death & couldnt wait to wear it to school today. I dropped her off at school & as i was getting ready to walk back out of the door, my daughter sat down next to her friend & her friend looked her up and down with a sour look on her face & said "ugh u look so ugly in those clothes".. i looked at my daugther who had this sad, embarrassed look on her face & I just rolled my eyes at that mean little girl. I wanted to go over there and tell her off but im not a psycho mom LOL.. anyway, i feel bad like i should have said something atleast to my daughter after it happened..

Lextacy

Asked by Lextacy at 3:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would have said something to the little girl...not something mean...just explaining how she should have acted if she thought something was not pretty or whatever...then explain to your daughter that she does look pretty and it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks...rolling your eyes @ a 9 year old is immature and did not help the situation.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Talk to her and tell her she looks fine,and to wear what she likes! Explain that maybe the girl was jealous or that sometimes girls are just mean and it makes THEM feel big to insult others.
    Anonymous

• That's horrible! Some girls are missing a filter in their brain! Like my niece who I love to pieces but she never thinks before she talks. She just turned 12 and she doesn't hesitate to tell people they are fat! I told her she better watch it because she might turn out bigger then all the people she makes fun of!

Anonymous

• It was painful reading this. You're exactly right little girls are mean and most of these little girls don't grow out of it as they get older. I wish I had some great answer for you, but it's just a part of life. I'm sorry you had to witness that.
    Anonymous

• Yes, i agree with all of you. And to bumblebee, rolling my eyes at the girl was a natural reaction. It was better than me going over there and telling her to worry about her own clothes. I think kids at that age know or atleast have a pretty good idea of right and wrong & not to mention this little girl had a snarl on her face when she said what she said to my daughter. she deliberately being mean & thats what really made me mad. she knew what she was doing and she hurt my daughters feelings.
    Lextacy

Answer by Lextacy at 4:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• one day i was sin school . the girl didnt know i spole english cuz i hung out with latinos and spoke spanish. so she was like she looks so ugly in those clothes.so i went up to her na told her i can take the shirt of and look good again, unfortunaly for you you cant take the ugly of your face. it was the last time she ever bother me. i was 12
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Bumblebee--it sounds like the girl didn't even see her roll her eyes, so how would it affect the situation at all. You the one who sounds immature to me like a big old cry baby WAA WAA BOO HOO to you.
    Anonymous

• You're a better woman then I! I would have probably said something to the girl. And anon above is one to talk about maturity with her waa boo hoo talk. She was probably a bully in school too, picking on other girls to make herself feel better.
    Anonymous

• nothing you can do about it.

girls are mean.

and they get worse as they get older.

just tell your dd that some people just say mean things to get a reaction and that one person's opinion doesn't always mean its everyone's.

Anonymous

• Your right you SHOULD HAVE said something to your DD! You should have used this as a chance to talk to her about standing up for herself! At 9 she should be able to tell her friend "well I like it and I'm the one wearing it" her being embarrased by clothes that she likes just because her friend doesnt like them is a sign of low self esteem and YOU need to help her!
    Anonymous