did your child have a reaction?

My son got his MMR, Hep A, and Chicken pox shots yesterday. Today he's warm and REALLY cranky. I've heard horror stories about the MMR shot, and a little worried something will happen to my little guy. Anyone have any advice?

Zacherysmommy08

Asked by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They might have run a little fever, I don't remember. Just give him some Tylenol.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• my lil bro had a reaction to the mmr, actually ended up with a minor case of the measles! so just watch. for my own reasons(that being just one of many) i choose not to vaccinate, but def watch the fever and make sure it doesnt go farther than that. if he does end up with chicken pox, he's gonna be waaaay cranky, you'll just have to ease the itch. (i worked at a daycare and 10 4th grade kids in ONE school ended up with chicken pox, and they'd all been vaccinated. they are immunizations, bc you can still get the sickness the shot is for.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I didn't even THINK about not getting the Chicken Pox shot. I don't know why my mind wasn't working, because I didn't want him to have it. But whatever it's over and done with so I can't do anything about it now. I'm just keeping a close eye on him right now
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2009