is there a difference between having love for someone and being in love with someone or is it the same thing.

applejacks2004

Asked by applejacks2004 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• This is JMO but I think there is a difference. You can have love for someone, like you can love your best friend but I think being in love with someone means your DH or SO.
    Anonymous

• Yes, there is a difference. I'm in love with my husband. I love my dad and brothers but I'm not in love with them. I think sexual intimacy defines being in love.
    Anonymous

• I agree I think the main difference to being IN love with someone is the sexual intimacy, whereas you can have love for friends
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 4:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• When you are IN LOVE, it is a romantic undying feeling.

But you can love people very much without being IN LOVE. When soneone is IN LOVE, they pretty much want to have sex with you...lol & think you're hot, & enjoy being natural gross humans together, & they have nothing to hide or keep from eachtoher...lol!

I have strong love for lots of people, but i am only IN LOVE with 1 man....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I never thought so before until I've experienced it. Yes, there is a difference.
    Anonymous

• Yes there is a big difference between the two

Answer by admckenzie at 4:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would definately say that there is a difference. Being in love would have to mean that you are referring to loving someone that you are not duty bound to love. Love is friends, family, etc. In love is that special love with that special someone.
    Bells1158

Answer by Bells1158 at 4:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Yes there is. Perhaps it is that loving someone means you hold them in very high regard, that you care greatly about them. Being in love means that you have an emotional involvement, that the other person completes you.

Answer by Bmat at 4:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Absolutely there is a difference.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I love my mom, but I'm not in love with her. I love good friends, but I'm not in love with them. I AM in love with my husband though. I definately believe there's a difference. You can love someone, but not have romantic love for them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2009