I dont want to damit! piog

Okay so we usually save up and plan a trip out to my moms house for xmas every year, since she lives in AZ. Things as of now are tentative but NOT entirely set in stone. Well I get a text from my mom today about how now, my sister wants to ride out with us for xmas. Well first of all we kinda look forward to these trips because it gives the hubby and I quiet alone time while our son sleeps, and its a time when we can stop and check out new things on the way out there. Now I know that if we bring my sister with us she will be her usual self, which is bitchy , loud, and critical. I just don't want to deal with it, and yeah it may be selfish. But to be honest its not my damn fault she is out here in Cali and not in Az still.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• I feel like she made her bed, now she should have to figure it out just like we have to. She has no car because she sold it, so she could buy some guy that she was "going to marry" a street bike. That of course didn't work out. So then my mom drops everything comes out here to Cali to get her and all of her stuff, and brings her back out to live with her. Well she gets a job, and seems like she is doing good. Then meets another guy on myspace, that lives out here as well. A month later they are getting married and she quits her good job and moves back out here to live with him at his parents house. A few months later she decides that she doesn't want to be with him anymore, and she wants be go be with this OTHER guy she met on myspace. Now she is just bumming around for the most part.
    Anonymous

• last cont
    The most I can say is that she does currently work part time and Walmart. But seriously SHE got herself into all of this, and it seems as though EVERY single time we plan to do anything, I get a call or text from my mom about "oh can you bring your sister too". If I just flat out say no she gets all pissed at me, how is any of that fair? What would you do? Also BTW she is 21, so its not like she is a little kid

Anonymous

• First of all tell you mom to have yousister do her own dirty work and ask if she can have a ride not run to mommy. Maybe if you set some ground rules, like.... NO TALKING. lol If you just really dont want to then DONT! no reason you have to be miserable just because she cant get there on her own.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• just read the additional info.... DONT BRING HER! she is not a kid she needs to grow up and take responsiblity! I am 22 and own my own house! seriously she needs to grow up. Dont do it just because you mom will be mad, tell you mom that she needs to hit rock bottom before she will ever start to better herself!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Bring her gifts back at least. LOL
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Hmm...it seems as if your sister is in a hard place & certainly learning some serious life rules the hard way. If it was my sister, i would give her a ride. I would feel a lot worse if the family was all sitting together at thanksgiving (a time to be thankful) and my sister was left behind still trying to catch a ride.

I understand your concern though. But, don't leave her haning. She is your sister. Maybe you should bribe her. Tell her you'll only give her a ride if she can exchange free babysitting. Then you & your husband can have your alone time.

It's the holidays though....do you really want to leave your immature sister behind?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• "just read the additional info.... DONT BRING HER! she is not a kid she needs to grow up and take responsiblity! I am 22 and own my own house! seriously she needs to grow up. Dont do it just because you mom will be mad, tell you mom that she needs to hit rock bottom before she will ever start to better herself!"

Sheesh...it's just a ride, it's not like she is giving her $1000.00.....

I would do it....even if my sister was a stupid bitch. But then again, i tend to want to help people, even bitchy ones. Maybe I'm just too nice.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Oh wait.....your talking X-MAS!!! That's even more hard chore to leave your sister behind!!! Family are supposed to be together for the holidays regardless of the tough space one of your members puts themselves in. I'm sure your mother wants her there too. I would get over it. I think you kinda sound mean & selfish about it.

You're really considering leaving your sister behind on x-mas while you have a lovely time with your family??? Peoples' holiday priorities are SERIOUSLY screwed up....

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• You know, as upset as it makes you right now...

This could be a chance to HELP your sister out of a bad pattern. And your mom might be seeing it that way as well.

I think that would be worth the sacrifice of some alone time with your husband. And believe me, I know that won't be easy. We have a similar issue with an in-law.

But hope springs eternal and I continue to hope.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Tell Mom and Sister no. Why don't you all stay home this year and make your own family tradition?
    Anonymous