Has anyone else been this sleep deprived??

I have not had a full night sleep in over 5 months. im to the point where i am a walkin zombie. i cant think. i feel like im in a dream i am so exhausted. is this normal?? My daughter is 14 months old and doesnt sleep through the night thats why i havent had a full night sleep. but tonight her daddy is goin to stay in her room with her so i get atleast one night sleep. is this normal for sleep deprivation or could something be wrong with me? I am 19 weeks pregnant!!!

bbd75939

Asked by bbd75939 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Pregnancy will cause it too.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I take naps whenever I can!!!! DD is 3, since being potty trained she now wakes up to use the bathroom(good thing!) and I am 7 months pregnant so I am up with potty breaks also. Just when I thought I'd be getting good nights sleep, most night anyway, I got pregnant!! lol Good luck and like I said NAPS!!! lol
    Mommygoose

Answer by Mommygoose at 4:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I am so sorry for you, yes I know what it is like. My first did not sleep through the night until he was 2.5 , his sister who was born when he was 2 slept through the night before he did. Then the 3rd was born 14 months later and she didn't sleep through the night until she was 14 months old. Try and rest when you can.
    Anonymous

• i was like that when my son was 0-3 months old. it got better after that but he still didn't sleep through the night and woke frequently until 17 months and he is 2 now and still wakes me up once or twice most nights.

i would definitely mention it to your midwife or OB but be prepared to stand up for yourself if all s/he has to say is to let your child cry it out. hopefully s/he will be able to tell you if what you are feeling is normal.
    Anonymous

• I have not slept in five and a half years. =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2009