Can my weight be responsible?

I am 5'2 and I weigh about 185 and have not been able to conceive been at it for almost two years..is my weight to blame?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It *can* be. You need to discuss it with a doc.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• If you are over weight, you are not at optimum health. First get to your best possible health and fitness level. You'll have a happier and healthier pregnancy and infant if you start off healthy.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• it could be they say women who are heavier have a harder time making babies like my bf and i have been trying since i was 21 and im going on 24 and we are both over weight but then this girl i know that i went to hs with she was a super big girl and she is preggo currently and has had a very successful pregnancy and is due any day now so i would say talk to your doctor but being over weight and pregnant isnt healthy and its dangerous so be careful
    MOMMY2BE0786

Answer by MOMMY2BE0786 at 4:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I've heard weight can be an issue, but I weighed more than that and I was able to get pregnant. I would talk with your doctor because there could be other things that could be making things more complicated.
    Anonymous

• Many times a woman who is heavy has estrogen-dominance. That will cause problems with conception. www.johnleemd.com

07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 4:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• it could be but i would talk to your dr and rule out girl problems first then if they find nothing wrong and no reason y you cant get preg then work on you weight....... i have 2 kids and have not lost all the weight from them i am 4'11 and weigh 185 and im 6 weeks pregnant so in my case weight was not an issue but i have heard it being one for others good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I've always been overweight, and when I concieved my daughter I weighed close to 260. Maybe more. I don't think it's as big of a factor as they say it is. I know girls bigger than me who've had lots of children.
    kdreed23

Answer by kdreed23 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2009