I need help advice something with my 7 month old sleep situation!!!!

My 7 mon old has never been a good sleeper he wakes 4-5xs a night not hungry just wakes..sigh now to add to my severe exhaustion he has only been taking ONE nap a day...he wakes for the day at 7-8am goes to sleep for the night at 745-8pm. He does have the top 4 teeth already come through..what is this?! What would you do if this happened with your baby? What did you do if it did?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh, just to add before during and after he got his bottom teeth he still slept terribly but now he's even worse with the one nap thing...
    Anonymous

• It *did* happen. This is 100% normal...sleep patterns usually don't settle in year one and sleeping through the night is a mere five hours.

I co-slept at first

What I *also* did was started paying attention to his sleepy times...as soon as I started putting him to bed when he was actually tired rather than by the clock, he started waking less. Never got to "never waking" but I didn't expect that either.

"The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley can be really helpful...check it out.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2009