Any advice on getting a 6 month old to take a bottle?

My daughter used to take a bottle, a couple of weeks ago she stopped. I've tried different brands and different flows. I'm supposed to go out of town this weekend, some people have told me when she gets hungary enough she'll take it. I don't want her to be upset, she's already going to miss me :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You don't need to use a bottle at all...she's well old enough for a cup with the spill proof valve removed.

Hand her and the cup or bottle to the caregiver and LEAVE. She probably will never take a bottle given by YOU. You need to be absent. Think of it this way....if you went to Mom's when she'd just finished baking cookies and she handed you a stale store-bought cookie, you'd think Mom was nuts.

Your breasts = fresh cookies. Bottle = stale cookie.

Baby: "My mom's gone nuts."

Let someone ELSE do the "dirty work."

And baby will probably do better than you in your absence...they usually do, since out of sight is out of the infant mind.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I completely agree with gdiamante. My son never would take a bottle but he took to the sippy cup easily.
    wvcharmed1

Answer by wvcharmed1 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• lol, i agree with Gdiamante, that is funny,
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2009