How many Cafemom members seriously think that....

cm admin monitor everything we say so that they can report us to local police? I keep seeing moms say "even though you're anon, cm admin know who you are and can report you to local police.
Are you people trying to scare others or do you really believe that ridiculous nonsense? As I stated in another post earlier, can you really imagine what the local police would say? They would laugh. Can you imagine a cop going to a judge to try and get a warrant because cafemom reported some anon post saying that they sell drugs . . . just to find out it was a 13 year old boy messing on the computer. IT is all completely ridiculous and WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. So my question is do you really believe your bullcrap or are you just trying to scare people?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 4:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Good point, Bridget! It's one of the most ridiculous things I've seen on here..it could be ANYONE, it's not like CM screens all the members to make sure they're moms and monitor their every move.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 4:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• It has happened. Just so you know.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 4:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Sure it has . . . I'll believe that when I see it.

Got some proof?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• CafeMom can tell who the anon posters are, but I doubt they report much, if any posts.
    Maybe if someone was constantly boasting about child molestation or something like that.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 4:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• There have been quite a few instances where authorities have been called and responded to cases based on what people are posting on here. CPS has also been called out quite a few times as well.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 4:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• If they feel a child is being abused, neglected or in danger they do report it.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 4:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Anyone can post anything and pretend to be anyone over the computer, so NO I don't believe that cafemom reports anything. That would just be ridiculous. I could make a post saying "I hold cockfights in my basement" Are local cops going to go around investigating every ridiculous post made on the internet. NO, of course not. Angelnchains, I don't believe you. If it really did happen, you would have said something more and been a little more specific.
    Anonymous

• And what are the police going to do? They would probably laugh at you.
    Anonymous

• I know CM can tell who anon posters are but I don't think they call the police. Half the profiles on here are probably bogus anyway, so can you imagine the admin calling the police saying "We have a member on here, her profile doesn't give her real name but can you find her?" Even if they could find out what computer it came from, I doubt the police would waste their time on that.
    Anonymous

• Can you give one example Angel? HMMM And how the h*ll would you know anyway?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2009