Christo-Eclecticism

Recently I have been trying to do some reading and basic "fact finding" about Christo-Eclecticism/Christo-Paganism/Christo-Wicca. However there is little to no information online besides hate speech.

I have talked to one Christo-Pagan on here, and she has sent me to a great site with some information. But she also said that her path is just one of MANY Christo-Pagan paths. And I want to have all the information I can get!

SO, I am looking for books that could help!
If you know of any, can you let me know?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 4:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Without doing an online search........does that mean a Pagan, etc, that also believes in Christ?
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 5:06 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• windy...i was just wondering the same thing.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 5:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Well, simply put both. They generally have beliefs in Jesus and in a/the goddess. The beliefs are very similar to the original Christians and Jews. There is much proof that both believed in a goddess along side their god.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Oh, I did just post some great information (provided to me by that CE mom) about Christo-Eclectic beliefs in my End Religious Hate Group... If you are curious - look there!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Do you have a link, Sabrina?
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 5:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• As a Pagan, this bothers me. So many questions. If you "believe in Jesus" it means you believe he is the Son of a God who requires total and absolute devotion to ONLY him. There is the whole "Thou shalt have no other Gods" thing. Presumably that includes Goddesses, too.
    That would seem to make belief in Christ and Pagan beliefs mutually exclusive of each other. Obviously there is a connection here I'm missing, or not understanding properly.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 5:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• pagan_mama, That is very important information. How do people get that they can believe in Jesus, yet also be a Pagan and worship other gods/goddesses.
    Anonymous

• Well all gods are manifestations of the same energy. While it's not strictly biblical I have no problem with the idea that Jesus could be one of those manifestations. It's not something I believe personally, I think Jesus was a pretty smart guy but I don't think he was a god, but I can see how that would make sense.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• SabrinaMBowen

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Anonymous