TMI

Ever since I have given birth when i go to the bathroom-bathroom I bleed and its not just a tiny bit either....whats going on? Also, I gave birth 8 weeks ago.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would call your doc, bleeding much longer than the six week mark could mean that part of the placenta is still attached. Did you tell the doc at your 6 week check up?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Im no longer bleeding in that way and I have already had my period and its gone. I meant when I take a crap but i didnt really wanna say that :P
    Anonymous

• Is the blood bright red? If so, it's probably hemrhoids. You can use Preparation H, Tucks pads, etc. on them.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• also if its red (this happened to me) it is prob tearing a little. i had to continue use of stool softeners later than normal. you prob didnt notice that before since the stool softeners that are prescribed when you leave the hospital. and here's some TMI so you're not the only embarassed one, sometimes if i am just a tiny bit stopped up, it'll still do it and DS will be a year this month....so make sure you're hydrated and eat healthy foods that have fiber in them, or invest in some prune juice. dont worry, you're not alone!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• o and thats bc i had LOTS of stitches from birth btw
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• had the same issue for weeks after my daughter was born.....they were really bad to the point of me being scared to go to the bathroom for three to four days...not recommended....anyways, nice warm baths help ALOT...and if u can hold off til u really have to go....then have the bath ready to jump in and relax......GL
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I understand what you are going through.. After I gave birth I was bleeding VERY heavily for about 3 months! I thought I was hemmoraging at times it was so heavy.. I've never bled that much before in my life.. I went to the doctors a few times and they told me it was perfectly normal. Your body went through serious trauma while giving birth and thats just what happens. I'm sure you are fine! =) Stressing out will make it worse (thats what I did haha)
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• this might sound nasty, but when your in the shower bend over a little and let the warm water run down your butt crack. it'll hit that spot that kinda hurts after you go potty and help soothe it a little. i had that problem too. and mine lasted for quite a while as well. i would reccommend telling your doctor just to make sure its nothing more than hemmoriods. good luck and hope you feel better!
    krisew90

Answer by krisew90 at 12:24 AM on Nov. 19, 2009