Should I be concerned of my toddlers sleep walking event?

Today during nap time, I was studying with some friends. I am not only an at-home-mom, but also attending college online full time. In the middle of nap/study time, my 2 1/2 yr. old son walked down the hall without acknowledging me in any way. He went into the kitchen and sat by the refridgerator for a short time. I got up and asked what he was doing, he slowly responded I don't know. Which is the regular responce to that particular question. So I sat back down to continue studying. A moment later he got up and walked back to his room. I waited a few minutes and went to check on him and he was sound asleep in the middle of his floor with his pillow and blankie. This event scared me, nothing like this has ever happened before! He's not running a fever, or anything of that matter. Should I be concerned?

ldanne13

Asked by ldanne13 at 5:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Has this be happening alot? My son had the same problem. I would wake up in the middle of the night and hear banging. It was my son hitting his head on the crib trying to get out, he was only 6 months. I would try to put him back down and he would just cry in his sleep. He look like he was having a nightmare. I told my mom about it and she told me to pray for him. I would pray every-night before he sleep or nap. It dont happen alot now, but it still worries me. Im sorry to say but it could be something bothering your son.

i_am_ur_kittie

Answer by i_am_ur_kittie at 5:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I wouldnt be too concerned unless it starts happening on a regular basis.
    juicebox503

Answer by juicebox503 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 19, 2009