At what age do you should you stop your child from seeing you naked??

my son is 3 years old and he has been watching me undress since he was born but now im wondering when is it a bad thing ... it is very hard to get him to even leave me alone when im taking a shower.. he doesnt really stare at me or anything but i wonder when i should enforce it as a rule?

MamaPuma

Asked by MamaPuma at 5:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• why would you want to make nudity- an otherwise natural, healthy thing- seem shameful?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• IDK but my kids are 2, 4 and 8 and they still stay with me in the room when I am changing. Sometimes my son will poke his head into the shower when I am in there. I would rather he didn't but not because I think it's wrong, but because that's my only chance at quiet time! My opinion is when they seem uncomfortable with it. I used to see my mom naked but of course there came a point when I didn't want to anymore!
    Anonymous

• it will probably just happen naturally. i wouldnt worry too much about it. if he starts to ask questions then i would just tell him what your parts are called and say mommys have these parts and daddys have parts like you. he'll probably just accept the info and continue not caring much. when i was little i walked in on my dad in the shower and thenext time we went to my grandparents, i told them that my daddy had a tail. kids are innocent. good luck.
    Anonymous

• Okay I don;t think nudity is shameful at all, but that being said my DS is almost 5 now and wants to "Know" about my privates, and why there is hair and on and on..... I just have stopped undressing in front of him because he is sooo curious, we do talk about it, but the LAST thing I need is a call from preschool about him asking to see others privates LOL! He is just a curious kiddo and I could tell that was coming, I have stopped and so has the curiousity, good luck Mom, whatever your gut tells you is what is right!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• i never meant it like it was a shameful thing but i do remember growing up and seing my mom naked and wishing she wouldnt lol
    MamaPuma

Answer by MamaPuma at 5:34 PM on Nov. 27, 2009