My 9 yr will be baptised this April in the Catholic church??

My dd will be baptised this April in the Catholic church. I am wondering if it is custom to give a monatary gift to the church on that day?? My dh will also be blessed that day as he was aleady baptised in the Catholic faith as an infant. Thanks for your reply.

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 5:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We gave 20 to the priest 50 for our wedding
    Anonymous

• The catholic church doesn't baptize but whenever you have a ceremony of any sort in basically any church it's customary to give an honorarium to the preacher.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Congratulations! Yes, it's customary to give the priest a donation to thank them - but it's subjective and is based on individual circumstances.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 7:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I am not going to argue religions but the catholic church does baptize because my dh was baptised and the priest says she will be baptised.
    Thanks,we will be making a gift;)
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 1:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2009