Christians-Can you tell me what the CHRISTIAN definition/meaning/belief of the Messiah is?

I do not want the greek, definition, muslim definition, pagan definition or an atheist definition. I am not looking for a bibledictionary.com definition, or a webster.com definition.

I would like to know the definition as viewed by living, breathing, practicing Christians

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Messiah = Savior. Jesus was/is the Savior because He was the one and only unique Son of God that was sent to be the final sacrifice on behalf of all humanity. He died and rose again. He fulfilled the OT prophecies.

I'm not sure if I'm answering the questions you want or not, lol!

SGG
    Anonymous

• Here's my belief.....Jesus is the one and only unique Son of God that died on the cross for everyone's sins. He was the ultimate sacrifice and is the key to eternal salvation.

SGG
    Anonymous

• anon-Messiah means Jesus? and your above reasons is why he is the Messiah

The prophecy talked about his death and resurrection did it not?

not bashing, just wanting wanting to u nderstand
    Anonymous

• trying to find differences between the Jewish Messiah, the Christian Messiah and the Muslim Messiah? interesting!
    Anonymous

• A messiah is anticipated savior. I belive that this is Jesus because he is the son of God, sent to earth to try to teach humans how to live and how to treat the earth and its inhabitants. Jesus gave his life so that we may have eternal life through Him. He is, therefore, our savior. It is my belief that we have a personal relationship with God through Jesus, as is based on the following scripture:

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

I believe that God sent his son here as our savior, and when the time is right, he will come back and save all believers who are right with God. I don't know if I explained that AT ALL in the way I wanted to, I'm having trouble expressing it in a way that makes sense lol! Anyway hope that is what you are looking for.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• The Messiah was the long awaited promise to the Jews to end the arduous task of trying hard to get to heaven through their works, rituals, and religion. The Messiah was to end their suffering. He [Jesus] was the way to accomplish that. The covenant made with the Jews involved payment for sins by the wrath of God. God realized humans, being human, could not completely ever fulfil all requirements without sin; yet, God could not just say stop, let's do it this way. The covenant had to be fulfilled. Jesus, the Messiah, was sent to complete the promise, endure the wrath of God and take the Jewish people into the new covenant. Jesus, through the Passion, took it all on so we didn't need to try to be saved through our works. He is the Messiah of the Jews and then the Gentiles. One Christian's understanding of Messiah.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• :14 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 by: Anonymous
    trying to find differences between the Jewish Messiah, the Christian Messiah and the Muslim Messiah? interesting!
    ---

actually that is interesting. Why don't you start a topic on the difference. As clearly stated I wanted an answers from Christians not a comparision.
    Anonymous

• i happen to agree with you that is why i found it interesting. i already know the differences though so i don't want to complicate it by having more people add to it.
    Anonymous