Why does Congress concern itself with so many issues that the far left and far right are concerned with, shouldn't they be more concerned with the moderates of each party, we are the majority of the country? Is it time for a strong third party to immerge?

Phase3

Asked by Phase3 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Sadly, it won't happen.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• The squeeky wheel gets the grease. I wish they would stop passing any laws for a while and just concern themselves with weeding through and out some of the stupid laws we already have. How many laws do we actually need anyway. Ten seems to cover everything I need to worry myself with. We are "lawed" to death.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• The squeeky wheel gets the grease

The squeaky wheel is also the first one replaced
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• What issues do you think they are not addressing?
    Anonymous

• Because they can't. Right now they can only worry about Republicans getting their seats back. Funny thing is, at this time more people call themselves conservative than liberal. That includes Independants who you would most likely consider moderates. Obviously you don't see what is going on right in front of your face.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• its: They can't? I think you missed the point here. They can but aren't. I don't know where you get your info from but the stats show the conservative party is dwindling. "What I see is that "we the people" are on a merry-go-round. Conservatives can't wait to vote out the Dems in 2010. But didn't we just vote out the Repubs in 2006 because they were lam. That's why I think we need a strong third party.
    Phase3

Answer by Phase3 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Agreed. The extremes on both sides get the attention, and frankly I'm sick of it.
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 8:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• It is kind of crazy, but even on here the nutty bits get the most attention. You can post sane, logical responses all day long, and half the time no one responds. Start insulting people or go crazy in either direction, and suddenly people are paying attention.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Is it time for a strong third party to immerge?

Yes. I would support a non-lobbyist whipped fiscally conservative 3rd party

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Agreed. The extremes on both sides get the attention, and frankly I'm sick of it. Agreed. It is kind of crazy, but even on here the nutty bits get the most attention. You can post sane, logical responses all day long, and half the time no one responds. Start insulting people or go crazy in either direction, and suddenly people are paying attention. Can anyone explain that phenomenon?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2009