What to do when Car repairs exceed the value of your Car?

When every thing is broken down. You're jobless. Then your car quits on you a long way from home. What do you do? Then the car's issues keep growing and growing. Mounting up that they exceed the value of the car.Even when you have over $600.00 in parts alone excluding the labor. You just have to finish the job. Right? What would you do? What did you do?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 5:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Travel

• I had this happen to me in Billings, MT. I am from Colorado and drove up there to see a friend for a couple weeks. Well my truck broke down and a long story short, I negotiated with the shop for payments then when I couldn't do that I just signed the title over to them. Oh and I ended up having to live there for about 6 months while this all happened.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• It all depends on your value of your car dh says if it means something to you then it is worth it. I know you struggle to make ends meet. If the car is kind of a classic then it is well worth the money you sock into it. You have to look at it this way can you afford not too and get another car probably not so it is wise probably to just keep fixing up the one you have for now untilyour situation gets better.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:43 AM on Nov. 19, 2009