My SON!!!!

Ok so my son wont hold his bottle so i let him cry a bit but he lasts longer then i can handel his crying i do help him get started and i dont let him cry for longer than 15 mins but he just wont do it

kalebsmommy2009

Asked by kalebsmommy2009 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is he?
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• ok just saw your page! WOW! have you tried seeing if he'll drink out of a sippy cup? How heavy are your bottles? My son started holding his bottle at 6 months (of course all kids are different) and I use the nuks
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Does he hold other things in his hands? Does he pick things up and play with them and throw things? If so it is probably just a comfort thing for him. He just wants mommy to do it. If he is doing well with everything else I would not worry about it too much. If he is not them maybe you sould talk to his doctor.
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Switch to sippy cups and get rid of the bottles. My kids never held a bottle (it's not a milestone), but they held their cups at 6 months.
    Anonymous

• There is no reason for him to be holding his bottle. Take the time to feed your son. If you don't feel like holding it why would he?

Anonymous

• No biggie. My kids never held their bottles! I agree i would just start weaning him to a sippy cup and see how that goes.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2009