A good recipe for tilapia? and/or how do you cook it??

I've never cooked it before, does anyone have any good recipes for it? And what do you cook with it (like potatoes? veggies? what are good sides for it?)? Thanks ladies!

Tiera12

Asked by Tiera12 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I am not that good of cook but this is what I do and I think it taste great. I get some plain bread crumbs and lime. I mix them together to taste. I like a stronger lime flavor. If you don't like lime use black pepper. So after they are mixed I cover the fish with it. Then bake it for 20 mins. on 400 deg. You know it is done when it flakes with a fork. I usually serve it with rice and steamed veggies. My two like it.

mg src="http://static-01.cafemomstatic.com/images/toolbar/icons/apron.gif" border="0" alt="apron" title="apron" />

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• This is how I make mine:

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan

1/2 cup shredded parmesan - real stuff, not Kraft's green can
    3 tablespoons mayonnaise
    2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
    1/4 teaspoon dried basil
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/8 teaspoon onion powder
    2 pounds tilapia fillets

1. Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
    2. In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, and onion powder. Mix well and set aside.
    3. Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• What I usually do is make packets with aluminium foil,the Talapia,butter and fresh lemon slices..
    Fold the foil closed and make sure its snug so the juices dont leak. Place all on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 15-20 mins depending on the size of the fillets.. It flakes easily with a fork when done. Very simple and easy clean-up!! Couscous is a big hit at my house and goes great...Also package Parmesan Noodles go well...
    marym7667

Answer by marym7667 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I can't believe this! I was going to ask the same question earlier today! I made my first tilapia tonight and instead of asking her I went to Google it....got a bunch of ideas....

Well it's after dinner and my husband hates it....wouldn't eat it!! it ticked me off!! guy just does not know what it means to go hungry....anyway I hope yours turned out
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:19 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• **I meant... here.. not *her*...sorry
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:20 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Nonstick spray in a pan over medium heat, for two fillets.. 2 pats butter, 1/4 tsp minced garlic, black pepper, and the juice from 1/4 fresh lime. Cook fillet 4-5 minutes on each side.serve lightly sprinkled with kosher salt. Serve with rice, couscous, fresh steamed veggies, dinner rolls or salad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I fix it with lite oil in pan with a little bit of butter, lemon juice, salt/pepper and minced garlic.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 12:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I put it in the oven with butter and soul seasoning. I let it get a little brown...mmm
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:17 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I brush fish with melted butter and season with dill then put it in the oven.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:17 AM on Nov. 19, 2009