What would do if your 7 yr old daughter got caught stealing?

jilliank1109

Asked by jilliank1109 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 1 (-17 Credits)
  • If I caught her I'd make her take the item back and apologize. If someone else caught her she'd be grounded like no other.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• make her stand outside the store for an hour or so holding up a sign saying what she stole ..also take it back and apologize..or depending on what it was spank her,but thats just me =]]
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 6:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• First I would spank her. she would never do that again. After that I woild make her take the stolen item/s back and apoligize.

Answer by louise2 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I plan to do the sign thing if mine ever pulls that crap.
    Anonymous

• I would have long,serious talk with her, ground her (no TV, no friends) and make sure she returns whatever it was and apologizes. And don't give in on the grounding thing. Set limits and expect her to know the difference between right and wrong. She needs to know she can't be dishonest!!!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would spank her, take it back, apologize to the manager on duty, and make her work off the money for what she stole. I think a very loud clear message needs to be driven into her head that this is not ok in any way shape or form.
    Anonymous

• that shoudl have said make her take it back and apologize to the manager
    Anonymous

• SPANK HER ASS !
    Anonymous

• Why did she not learn this was wrong way before now?? Sounds like MOM and DAD need discipline too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• WOW Anon you can not always control what your child will do no matter hwo well they are taught something!. I would have her take it back and say she was sorry. I really like the sign idea!!!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:57 AM on Nov. 19, 2009