SWITCHING TO MILK

im trying to switch my baby over to milk. he doesnt mind it but when it comes to taking a nap or going to bed he wont drink it he wants his formula. any ideas how to stop this?

djsmommy13

Asked by djsmommy13 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try 1/2 and 1/2....half milk, and half formula, that might help, or maybe if he drinks his formula warm, try heating up the milk
    54313MomOf4Boys

Answer by 54313MomOf4Boys at 6:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Babies aren't supposed to be on milk.
    Anonymous

• First off, I hope he's at least a year old... Before that, he shouldn't be on milk yet. And I agree with the first poster, mix it at first, that's what I did with my son. Start with 1/4 milk, 3/4 formula, then after a day or so, make it 1/2 milk, 1/2 formula etc. And yes, if he drinks his formula warm, definitely heat up the milk first too.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• There is nothing in a babys system that magically starts being able to digest milk and makes your childs system different. If your son is on table food. then mix it at first, warm it, keep trying, it taste different!!!
    Anonymous

• Anon7:00- this is posted in the 1-2 years old section, so I would imagine this "baby" is at least 12 months old and does not need to be on formula anymore.
    Anonymous

• We started out with 3/4 formula, 1/4 milk and then gradually increased the milk and decreased the formula over a period of about 2 weeks. We also went from it being warm to drinking it out of the frig the same way, gradually heating it less and less every night.

Answer by missanc at 8:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2009