I HATE/DESPISE him!!!!!!!!! HELP

I watch one of my "friends" little boys. He is one and I dont know why I feel the way I do, I just do! I have NEVER felt the way about any child I do this kid. I can NOT stand him!!!!!!!! I have to bite my tounge to keep from screaming at him, Literally!!!! He crys ALL the time. If you walk out of the room, if you dont hold him, at nap time (because his mom rocks him still) He wont EVER eat because his mom sends him food for CHILDREN like.........Fruit snacks, and spagettios and he is not even 1!!!! I dont feel this way towards my children..........what could be making me resent him????? Have any of you ever felt this way about another persons child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes. I would occasionally watch my adopted cousin. He was EVIL! I literally referred to him as a devil child for many years. When I was prego he kicked me in the belly and I never watched him again. He was 2 and had behavior problems from his parents (he was with his parents until age 18 months then put in foster care with my aunt and uncle). He is a horrible child and I never, ever want my daughter aroud him. I don't know why you resent the kid but my suggestion is to get rid of him.
    Anonymous

• OP- I would love to get rid of him, but honestly I cant. I need the money so bad, and she needs the sitter. Alot of times the 50 bucks I make watching him is what gets us from paycheck to paycheck.
    Anonymous

• Whatever your excuse is you should give them your notice now and not watch him any longer because it is not fair for him. Do the right thing please!
    Anonymous

• This is really disgusting if this is really how you feel then do not watch him. Wow you HATE him those are strong words if I was this boys mother it would break my heart to know that I left him in the care of someone who says they hate my child.

Poor kids you will probably end up hurting him if you don't stop watching him and we will end up reading about you in the news
    Anonymous

• Wow this is sad
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 6:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Would you want your child in a situation where his caregiver did not like him. Money is not everything and do what is right, for you and for the child.
    Anonymous

• No, I wont hurt him. I said I fight the urge to yell at him. His mother cant find anyone to watch him for more than a few days because they cant handle him. I am not mean to him, it is a feeling I have inside of me. I dont know why. I certianly dont feel this way towards my children, or any other children for that matter. op
    Anonymous

• I understand, I have been there before. Except it was my child I felt this way towards. If it gets bad, stop watching the child..........
    Anonymous

How can you be sure you won't snap if she can't find someone else it's not your problem. But to continue to watch a child you HATE is wrong and it really sad that you could hate a child maybe you need some mental help
    Anonymous

• You say you're not mean to him, but if you hate this child so much, believe me, he knows.... Kids are remarkably adept at picking up moods like that. Which is probably part of the reason why he's acting up like that... I feel bad for him, he's just a baby, he doesn't deserve that. I agree with the previous posters, I think both he and you are better off if he goes to a different sitter.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2009