When is it NOT ok for a newborn to poop alot ?

My 3 week old is pooping so much like 1-2 times every other hour . No fever , no acting odd sleeping like she always has just pooping alot !
She had to be switched 2 weeks ago to Gentlease formula since Enfamil Lipil just gave her bad gas and she would want to eat ALL the time . SInce switching it has really helped but the last day in a half she has pooped so much.

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 6:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know that switching formulas a lot can be very hard on an infants stomach. If you are really worried I would call and ask her doctor.

smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• i went through something similar with my newborn, he would poop after every bottle. The doctor said that it was fine and to be happy that he was going and not constipated, but it slowed down after about a month.
    Princess302

Answer by Princess302 at 8:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Gwen pooped A LOT! I thought it was normal for them to poop like every hour for the first month or so.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• It's not OK if she starts getting severe painful rashes. Otherwise, it's pretty normal to see a lot of poop with formula.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would think if it's affecting weight gain then it would be a problem. But if she is gaining fine, I wouldn't worry about it. Kai poops all the friggin time - it's crazy. He is breastfed too, so it may have more to do with the baby.
    chrissy12507

Answer by chrissy12507 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 19, 2009