When do they schedule your repeat c section?

Say you had a c section because you were not dilatating or progressing and the baby was big the first time...what week they tend to schedule your repeat c section? Earlier or as close as possible to your due date?

Momdenoe

Asked by Momdenoe at 7:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My doc told me any time after 38 weeks! but im going to try to make it to 40!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Mine is right at 39 weeks...He wouldnt do any soon...I wanted 38 weeks but its a boy and he said NO WAY due to boys lungs developing slower...
    ToberzMama

Answer by ToberzMama at 7:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Is hoping they let me go 40 weeks
    Momdenoe

Answer by Momdenoe at 7:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I meant I am hoping going till 40 weeks
    Momdenoe

Answer by Momdenoe at 7:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• with my first i was scheduled at 37 weeks and with my second i was at 38 weeks and with this one we havent gotten to schedule it yet but i will get to set the date at my next appointment
    mommy-

Answer by mommy- at 8:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• i would refuse to have a c-section before 40 weeks. actually i would go for VBAC. :) good luck
    Anonymous