Help!

I was out to lunch with a male co-worker and my phone dialed my boyfriend's mom. My boyfriend and I have a great relationship (2.5 years) and so does his mom and I.

The conversation was 90% about work but when we first sat down, we were talking about his fiance and how she's preganat and he hasn't had sex in quite a while but he stated he'd never cheat on his fiance. We were talking about where you draw the line and I said, "I'm not married. But I'd never cheat on my boyfriend."

So, my BF's mother listened to my conversation for 20 minutes! And didnt hang up the phone and then called me an hour later and said, "I heard what you said! And you may not be married but you live with someone!"

I'm upset for various reasons. I want to call my boyfriend but I don't want to seem like I'm covering anything up. What if he doesnt believe me!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• I would just tell him the truth. I don't see the big deal and hearing it from you, he probably will not see the big deal either.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• What about her and I. Even if he doesn't make a big deal, how should I approach her? Should I say something to her?
    Anonymous

• I personally would not bring it up but if she did I would just be short and to the point. I would also tell her that I did not appreciate her listening. It was obvious what happened and that you did not mean to call her. Leave it at that, don't argue with her over it and don't defend yourself, you have no reason to defend yourself, you did nothing wrong.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would tell him what happened. About your phone dialing his mom and her staying on the line while you were out to lunch with a co-worker. And hope for the best.

Answer by louise2 at 7:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• No you do not need to say anything to her.

Answer by louise2 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I talked to him and he seemed upset that I even got upset about it. He said, "What's the big deal? What were you talking about that she couldn't hear?!"

It totally hurts my feelings...!!!
    Anonymous

• Tell him it's not about the conversation it's about the fact that she listened and then had the nerve to say something to you when you did nothing wrong.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 7:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Also, I would just state my case and drop it.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• It's none of her business. You don't owe her an explanation but I'd talk with bf about it

Answer by admckenzie at 10:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I HAVE 2 SAY FIRST OF ALL TELL UR BF THE TRUTH, SIT DOWN WITH HIM AN EXPLAIN THE SITUATION NOT BCUZ UR GUILTY BUT BCUZ UR BEING OPEN AND HONEST WITH HIM. SECOND U HAVE 2 BARE IN MIND THAT IT IS A POSSIBILITY THAT HE IS NOT GOIN 2 BELIEVE U,HE IS GONNA BELIEVE HIS MOM OVER U CUZ U JUST HIS GF,AND HE WILL SAY THINGS 2 U THAT WILL TOTALLY HURT UR FEELINGS BUT U GOT 2 JUST COMMUNICATE WITH HIM ON THE TOPIC DONT LET HIM MAKE U FEEL GUILTY CUZ THERE IS NOTHIN 2 FEEL GUILTY ABOUT AND IF HE CANT OR WONT LISTEN 2 U OR BELIEVE U WHEN U TELL HIM THE TRUTH U NEED 2 RE-EVALUATE UR RELATIONSHIP BCUZ U GOTTA HAVE TRUST AND THE LINE OF COMMUNICATION GOTTA BE OPEN OR ELSE UR GONNA HAVE SOME SERIOUS PROBLEMS. AS FOR THE MOTHER TELL HE IN A VERY RESPECTABLE MANNER THAT U DIDNT APPRECIATE WHAT SHE DID AND U DONT OWE HER AN APOLOGY CUZ U DID NOTHIN WRONG UR IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH HER SON NOT HER. SO WORK IT OUT WITH UR BF I KNOW U CAN..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Nov. 19, 2009