Is anyone else getting a telemarketer phone call from a MRTG INVSTRS (that's what it comes up in my caller ID)?

They call at least 4-5 times a day between 8am-8pm and it's getting really annoying. I already told them I'm not interested in switching mortgage with them and get my number off their calling list. They try to tell me they are not telemarketers, they just want to give me their company's info and keep asking for my mortgage rate. That's when I just hang up on them. What else can I do to tell them to back off???

starbucks81

Asked by starbucks81 at 7:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I get NO telemarketers calling, I am registered on the federal and state DO NOT CALL LIST. I believe the website is www.donnotcall.gov It takes about 30 days to go into affect and lasts about 3-5 years. You can register cell phones too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Yeah I did that already. These people are the only ones that calls now nonstop! Grrrrrr!
    starbucks81

Answer by starbucks81 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• No but if they did I would tell them that I am on the list to NOT be called. They have to honor that and leave you alone. If they continue, tell them to give you their contact information (like you care) and tell them Thanks, I'll let the Federal Trade Commission know you are breaking the law. Then hang up. If that doesn't stop them then really do turn them in.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2009