2nd Child clothing (ebay craigs list)?????

Okay, I find out the sex of my baby on Friday! yay!!! However this time, if its not a boy and i have to buy all new stuff im wondering how i should go about getting rid of all the old boy stuff i have. Would it be better to sell it on ebay or craigslist, or take it to a second hand store or something!? Where would i get the most money for my stuff. Its in NEW condition, so Im praying i make enough to buy this little one enough stuff!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would say craigslist because you don't pay anything and you can ask what you want for them and decide how much to sell them for. On ebay the fees have gotten out of hand IMO and I only but on ebay now. Also on ebay I am not willing to spend as much as when I can see it in person. Places like Once upon a child are nice but I here you don't get that much, but you can have them tell you whet they will give and then see if you can get more somewhere else and if not take it back and sell it to them. I know a lot of people who do this, the nice thing too is you can sell it all at once and be done with it.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 8:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I sell on eBay the things that are brand new and never worn. Or unusual. Those things sell best for the most amount of money.
    The other things, still in good shape without any pilling or staining or fading, I sell at a consignment store.
    It's a pain to ship too much through eBay. Lots of excellent clothes don't get as much money as selling those items one by one through a consignment store...probably because people tend not to believe EVERYTHING is pristine, and also because some people just don't need some of the things in the lot.

Anonymous

• You would get the most money for it one ebay I think. If you sell it in lots. Go to ebay.com and look up infant boy clothes lot and see what comes up! Make sure you seel them in the right season they will go for alot more...If I have girl next time around I will be keep my sons clothes!! i don't know if I could get rid of them!! It would make me sad!! I know. Crazy!
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 7:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• If items are new, especially if they are in original packaging or with tags you could try a children's consignment store. You may get a discount on things you purchase as well. It costs money to post on ebay, so that and the process of wrapping things for shipping would be a consideration. If you are considering giving things away, freecycle is a good option. You could also ask on freecycle for items in good condiition for the new baby.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 1:35 PM on Nov. 25, 2009