What are your thoughts/opinions?

The Problem of Evil: The top 15 Excuses Religious People Give for the Horrible Behavior of their God.

http://augustberkshire.com/2009/11/13/problem-evil-excuses-religious/

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 7:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sorry, I can't post links, so if someone else wants to I would appreciate it!

my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 7:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Thanks!
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 7:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• since you asked...having read most of the 'excuses' i can clearly say it is my xtian opinion that this is hogwash. i've never heard any of those from fellow xtian friends/acquaintences, or writers of faith. i hear a lot of non-believers/atheists claiming we say these things, but we don't. if i challenged each of the 15, it'd take several posts.
    i wasn't a bit surprised by this website's claim, though. typical. IMO
    what i don't get is why people argue so heartily about what xtians believe, if an atheist clearly has his/her mind made up and is certain of their non-belief? why pull 'claims/excuses' out, or redirect words.. just for arguments sake?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Valid arguments against the existance of God, but it still doesn't change my beliefs.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Oh, Hair....I would love for you to take each of the questions on one by one. I think that would make for a great post! Maybe you could do a journal about it.

Unfortunately, I have heard a lot of the "excuses". I can see why someone who already doubted or wanted to believe that God wasn't real, would use these as valid arguments.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I have heard a lot of these. Actually just the other day my DF's mom was talking about some guy commiting suicide. My first thought is mental illness...her's is that Satan influenced him.
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 8:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I think both of those things, AshleyLynn, when I hear about someone commiting suicide.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• well, windy, i'm a bit more open-minded than i appear to be. and i guess i wrongly assume others (who believe opposite of my faith) are, as well. :))
    i've laughed at the bumpersticker, 'if Jesus is the answer, what was the question?' many times. but i see it comes out of opposition/dark sarcasm, rather than true inquisitiveness. i laugh, and blow it off. i'm not much of an arguer..to which i attribute that to being a middle-child. LOL!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• That website wow...... people actually think things? Wow.... that tells me they really do not understand God's grace and love and the true message of the Cross!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I have heard some of those put forth to explain things like 'Why does God allow bad things to happen?' This is part of the reason why I don't view the devine in personified form- once you make God a 'person' with a will you begin to question his motives.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2009