Do /Did you just LOVE breastfeeding? Did you miss it when you stopped?

My daughter is almost 2 and has been weaned since she was 10 months (long story) old and I still miss it! I am not having any more children but just the thought that my kids are done nursing still makes me sad. Is that dumb?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• I miss it. My daughter self weaned at 15 months old and then I had four months til my son was born and he nursed til he was just a few weeks shy of three years. I cherished every minute of nursing them. I knew it would not last forever, but I did not realize how much I would miss it. It has been almost 6 months since my son weaned. I am not having anymore kids so when I think about it I do get alittle sad. I just try and remind myself that I did the best for my kids. We do still have cuddle time either when they climb in bed with me in the morning or when we are watching a favorite movie. I do still miss it though....
    Anonymous

• i didn't miss it, i have a special bedtime routine with each kid so we have that special one on one time twice a day
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I did not miss it, but we have lots of cuddle time throughout the day. I have very sensitive skin so nursing was always a bit painful and while I enjoyed nursing immensity, I was happy to be done each time.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I will also add, that it is not dumb to miss that special time with your LO. Just make sure you are getting enough snuggles. I always smell my childrens hair while holding them if I am feeling like they are growing to fast. I don't know why, but it is a more special time with them. I think it is because then I am actually thinking about the cuddle time and not just doing it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• It's not dumb at all. I neither loved nor missed it...but I did it anyway.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I loved it, but when my son weaned at 13 months I was ready and I didn't feel regret. I think it's normal to miss those baby days and breast feeding is part of that.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• nope. ionly pump so i wont be missing that at all!!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Nope, not dumb. DS is nursing less and less and I really will mourn when he's over and done. I've been beginning to wonder whether or not my breasts had become my apron strings, lol! I think I'll miss it just like I miss being pregnant. There is nothing closer that having another human growing inside of you. Nursing is like an extension of the umbilical cord. Your body is still caring for your child. Yes, I will be sad when he stops coming to me with binky(blankie) in hand and patting our nursing chair for some milk-milk. :(
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My 2 year old just weaned and I feel the same way. We still snuggle and play...but the end of nursing is like the end of her being a baby to me. :(
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 1:06 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Yes I did and sometimes do, my DD is 3 and weaned herself at 1, I think because I was not readyf or her to wean!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:47 AM on Nov. 19, 2009