What would you do?

One of the last friends I have left is pregnant at the same time as me again. I figured it would be no big deal because our son's are about 3 months apart and we had fun baby shopping together for them and everything. I just found out my baby is a girl. I'm so excited because that's what I was hoping for this time. Turns out she was also hoping for a girl, but she's had 3 ultrasounds and all of them say it's a boy. She's still insisting that they didn't get a good enough look and on and on. I think she should love her son and accept him already. (Of course this is just my opinion and I haven't mentioned it to her). She seems mad at me all the time. She barely said 2 words to me at my son's birthday party last weekend. She never replies to any of my posts on facebook like she used to. It's like she's choosing to be out of my life because I got blessed with a girl. What can I do?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wait until she is not prego. It's prob her hormones...
    Anonymous

• Tell her to grow up... as long as her baby is healthy, who cares if it's a boy or a girl?!!!
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• She's being childish. Leave her alone until she grows up. I can almost guarantee she will.
    Anonymous

• jealousy is a green eyed monster....do not rub it in .....just wait....and she will come around. she just needs time...in the mean time enjoy your pregnancy....and if you do talk to her maybe ask her if you have done something wrong...(be very sensitive about it) remember two prego women have some major hormones running...it is best to not upset either of you at the moment.
    Anonymous

• IF she puts that much weight on gender, she probably should avoid ultrasounds. At lease not have them disclose that information, if she gets them.
    Of course, they can be wrong.
    Sounds like you two should either get it out on the table, OR keep yourself busy with stuff other than hanging with her for a while.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• i can't believe that that is really the issue. i would ask her what she is upset about. good luck!
    Anonymous

• wow i totally think that she should be happy with havin a boy or a girl! as long as that baby is healthy who cares bout gender! and if she wants a girl so bad then she can always try again its not the end of the world and i agree she should grow up and accept her child! either way she's gonna have a baby that will love her and need her for the rest of its life...she should be thankful..especially cuz theres women who cant even have babies so she should be thankful she can have kids! idk ..if thats how she truelly is i dont think you have a huge loss in life.
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• If she is a good friend then you will forgive her and she will come to her senses at some point in time and apologize. Just try to focus on your baby and life right now and eventually she will come around.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Nov. 19, 2009