I have one child and don't wany anymore...am I the only one??

I only have one child- a 16 month old daughter- and I don't think I want anymore children. After enduring a difficult labor, and all of the work it takes to raise her, I can't imagine having another child!

I also feel that I am able to provide her a better quality of life than if I had more children. I am putting away money for her collge education, and I know that if I had another child, that would be impossible. As fas as my time and attention, I can focus on her more (which is why we have such a close and loving relationship that we have now).

Does anyone else feel this way? I'm not knocking anyone with more than one child, so please don't take it that way. I have a brother and sister, and had a wonderful upbringing with them both.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• i don't want anymore either because i had an emergency cesarean section and i was really upset when it happened. i had planned on a vaginal delivery with an epidural.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I have a five year old and I don't want anymore either.
    feministmama

Answer by feministmama at 8:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Well, I think it is a ok thing for you to want only one child. Depending on your age. You might want another later. Like when your DD is 10 years old. But if you never want another it is ok too.

Answer by louise2 at 8:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2009