My two month old will be outgrowing his basinett soon, his crib is already set up in his room but would have to be taken apart in order for me to move it into my bedroom. Do you think he is too young to be sleeping in his bedroom alone?

Princess302

Asked by Princess302 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think he will be ok. Just get a baby moniter so you will hear him.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 8:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• that is entirely up to you..i ended up pulling the crib into my room with both my kids simply because it made the late night feedings easier....i didnt have to stumble sleeplessly across the hall....and as they got older and began to sleep all the way through the night (well almost all the way) then i returned their bed to their own room....it worked for me...but it is up to you and what you see fit...but i agree with the pp and get a baby monitor....good luck.
    Anonymous

• He should be fine. How would you be is the question... I always kept mine close for the first 3-4 months just because I could check on them so easily. A monitor will make that better... you could also just go ahead and invest in a pack n' play, because chances are you'll be getting one eventually... we used that. With our 2nd daughter, we used that for the first 11 months because her big sister wasn't done with the crib yet.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• He will be fine, I agree with the need for a baby monitor, my daughter was in her own room at about the same age. Privacy for parents
    Better sleep for all
    girlz_rule

Answer by girlz_rule at 8:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• it's whatever you are comfortable with. my son moved to his own room when he outgrew his bassinet but that was when he was like 4 months old i think. :) if you think you will get more sleep with him in your room (just because you are less worried or because you don't have to walk as far when he wakes at night), go ahead and move the crib to your room for a bit. :) good luck
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Yes, I forgot to mention, it can depend on how often you're nursing at night. By the time my girls were out of the room, it was only an average of 2 x a night... but having to stumble down the hall and sit in a rocker to nurse ended up being good for me... i was less tempted to pull them into bed with me and as a result sleep poorly (I never could fully embrace the co-sleeping thing because I slept so badly!)
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My daughter was out of her bassinet and into her crib in her own room at 7 weeks old. We have never had a problem on her end (I was scared to death for the first week). She did great and sleeps wonderfully in her room (slept better than being in the bassinet in our room). She will be 9 months on the 25th.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My son (2 years old) was in his own room since we brought him home from the hospital. Your little one will be fine. It may take a day or two to get use to the new bed/room but after that.. . . it should be no problem. Oh, if you get a monitor make sure it has low interference. Ours has a lot of interference but we only use it when my son is asleep and we are downstairs watching TV.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• The Graco ivibe is a wonderful wonderful monitor. We can hear sounds on it from different parts of the house and has little to no static.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My son slept in his own crib and room from the start. His room is right next to ours... so there wasn't even a need for a baby monitor (although we used one for a little bit)
    When he would wake at night I was more comfortable breastfeeding in the rocking chair vs in bed, so I would have been getting up with him no matter where he was.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:23 AM on Nov. 19, 2009