christmas ideas for toddlers

what does your family do with young children? This is my first child and this year he is turn ing 2 in January...

DDTSMommy

Asked by DDTSMommy at 8:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I will be getting my son a tricycle and a potty!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 8:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I'm getting my son a radio flyer pahtfinder wagon and currently bidding on ebay for a thomas and friends soccer ball! my mom got him some stocking stuffers like a puzzle and dvd. if what you mean by "what does your family do" as in "activity-wise", i'm not sure. this is my first xmas with my son being a toddler so this will be a first for us (not first "xmas" but first as a toddler)! he probably wont remember this xmas as much as he will next year. but I will still follow through with some traditions I had growing up. opening presents, play some xmas music, have a nice xmas breakfast and head to the grandmas!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• We are getting a Power Wheels and one of those big swing sets at BJ's, and a couple of smaller toys. He can't use them now, but he'll love them in the summer.
    Anonymous

• We turn music on and decorate the tree. I always make peppermint tea with a candy cane in it. Its our tradition.
    This year we are going to make a few ornaments.
    We wrap presents but my hubby saves a few gifts and labels them from Santa. We put out cookies for him.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• What about the Geo Track train set-It's very good for small hands and fun for parents to play with the child with.
    As for activities I've always taken the countdown to Christmas calendars and had one for each child. They get the treats every morning and don't have to ask every morning how many days it is until the big day. We decorate the tree together and all the kids love to find "their ornaments" (we also make one every year for each child and put their age and year on it) we listen to lots of music ,play games,just hanging out together is wonderful.
    On Christmas Eve we put cookies and milk out for Santa .
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 5:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Oh my MIL bought our first child a gingerbread house to decorate. Now many years later and two additional kids, I have designated my MIL the "gingerbread house supplier" for every christmas.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2009