A VENT.....IM SAD :(

My Nanny has cancer. She raised me, so shes more of my mom than my grandmother. So first it just started as lung cancer & 2 brain tumers, then she was told she has liver cancer. Yesterday she was told she had spine cancer. The doctor told her that she couldnt have any more chemo & that they were going to put her on radeation for the cancer in her back. I have done everything I can do to help her. Im at her house every morning to see what she needs done. & just to come out & say it...IM TIRED I CERTAINLY DONT MIND HELPING HER AT ALL BUT I HAVE 2 SICK LITTLE KIDS RIGHT NOW THAT IM HAVING TO TAKE CARE OF & IM GETTING SICK. MY DH IS GONE WORKING ON A RIG, SO HES NO HELP. HES GONE FOR 3 WEEKS STRAIT. HER 3 KIDS NEED TO GROW UP & START DOING MORE! I HAVE LISSONED TO EVERYONE CRY & VENT I HAVE LENT THEM MY SHOULDER TO CRY ON & NOT ONCE HAS ANYONE ASKED HOW I FEEL! WELL I FEEL LIKE CRAP & I WANT TO CRY! IM SORRY I JUST NEED TO VENT.

texasmomma08

Asked by texasmomma08 at 8:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Health

• I'm so sorry to hear that......its hard trying to be the strong one in the middle of such a painful situation.  my dad passed when i was 15, so I have a little experience.  Of course, no one hurts like you when you're going through this, so i'm not trying to over shadow what you're going through.  You are just going to have to ask for help.  I hate to say it, but they'll prob make you feel like you're putting them out, well d*mnit you need a break too.  You may just visit someone and ask them straight out to help you for a few days.  Most ppl wont say no when put on the spot.  You're kids need you right now, and you prob need a good nap.  So just tell them that.  But I really think doing it in person will make them feel more guilty, they cant avoid you that way.  i'm here if you need someone to talk to, or even just talk at. .message me if u need to!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 8:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• cryinggroup hugI'm so sorry for what your Nanny is going thru and can only imagine the toll it is taking on you and your family as well. I have been in your shoes, and when you are the one to "step up" to help, others will bow out. I'll pray that "something gives" and you can get some well-deserved rest. Bless your heart. I will pray for your Nanny, too.

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• it is ok to be tired sad mad angry confused frustrated and to feel alone....you are going through what is know as a grieving process....when some one is diagnosed as you grandmother is it is natural to begin grieving before they are gone. i have done some recent research on grieving as my father passed away two weeks ago....(actually i was trying to find ways to cope) but it is natural. i am sorry you are going through this. but try to enjoy her while you can.....PLEASE...my father died of a heart attack with out warning....if i had one more day with him...take advantage of her time with you....you never know when she will be called home.
    Anonymous

• Awww honey!! I feel so bad for you. But please remember that your family comes first to!! Its ok to feel the way you do. I think your Nanny would understand if you couldn't come around if your children were sick and getting sick yourself. Take time out for yourself. There is nothing you can do for her now. I'm sure she knows how much you love her.
    Take a deep breath hun and things will work out. Give yourself a break!! You are only human and can only do so much!!
    Sending you much love, and prayers!!
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2009