relying on faith alone

have you ever totally relied on your faith to get you through--or put 100% in your faith--or stood up for something you believed in based on your faith, etc---and if so was it worth it?????? or do you regret it???

jdmyangel

Asked by jdmyangel at 9:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There was a point in my life where I gave up and put my whole trust in my faith and my god. After I did this there was an amazing calm that came over me, telling me that everything would be ok, that I was taken care of. Everything worked out for me but never once did I not believe that my faith couldn't carry me through the pain.
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• lots of times..when all else fails, my faith is always there. no regrets!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:17 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• YES. Completely worth it. No regrets whatsoever. I wouldn't be here, and that means ALIVE, were it not for my faith. I can be stripped of it all and I'll still have my faith.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• yes, faith helped me cope with the death of my godmother/aunt.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I do not go to church....however my faith is my guide I talk to God every day and he guides me. I did go to church and then would spend the rest of the week making my own decisions...when I realized I could not do very well at making my own decisions I gave up and let God lead the way...I have a calm that as long as I know I do my best throughout the day God is there for me....He does not give me what I cannot handle and on the days I am over whelmed I leave and go pray for strength to carry on.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:26 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Yes. I rely God every minute of everyday. It's why I can feel such a content and capable person.
    "He is giving to the tired one power; and to the one without dynamic energy he makes full might abound.  Boys will both tire out and grow weary, and young men themselves will without fail stumble, but those who are hoping in Jehovah will regain power. They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not tire out.” - Isaiah 40:29-31

CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 4:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• relying on faith alone
    have you ever totally relied on your faith to get you through ------YES ------or put 100% in your faith --- Yes ----or stood up for something you believed in based on your faith, etc -----Yes -----and if so was it worth it?????? -------YES------ or do you regret it???------- No never .

There were times when all I had left was my belief/faith, and it was more than enough. Praise be to God. - Alhamdulillah
    These days my faith is the driving force in my life, it is everything that the rest of my life is arranged around. As a muslim we say on sleeping . In your name (Allah) we live and in your name we die, Islam is about living your faith, and is a lifestyle based on your belief. We constantly base our lives on faith its the only thiing that wont let you down. Godwilling.
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 5:07 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• daily. i start each day over. some days more faithful than others but he's always there to listen
    mamakat12

Answer by mamakat12 at 7:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I always rely in the faith I have in myself to get me through any obstacle I need to overcome.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2009