What the hell is going on?

My baby is super active tonight, she's been moving every one of her body parts for the last hour now and I'm not even exaggerating. This is my 3rd, I know baby movements and I've never felt her move so much, like she's reacting to something. I haven't eaten/drank anything out of the ordinary, I'm well hydrated. I took some tylenol for a toothache but that's about it, and I've done that more than once in this pgncy. I've had about 12 bh contractions in the last 2.5 hours. The only thing I did today unusual was a 6 hour drive this morning, but I stopped very often and drank plenty of water, and I've been home for 8 hours now. I made the same drive a few days ago and this did not happen. I do go to the doctor in the morning, but her moving so much is freaking me out. What should I do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The easiest way to tell the difference b/t real contractions and bh's are the pattern and duration. BH's don't come in a regular pattern, real contractions do. Also, during early labor (when your cervix is thining) the contractions will be likely be shorter (under 30 secs) and closer together..... once you move into active labor they will be at least 60 secs and will progressively get closer together. I'd be carefull.... with my 3rd I thought I was just having period cramps, but I was in active labor. I guess I was used to contractions, in a way..... I was 5 cms when I first got to the hospital and I was 9 cms 40 mins after arriving. And I was able to just breathe through all of them... and I'm a huge wuss!!
    MDMomof2Cuties

Answer by MDMomof2Cuties at 9:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• are you surs they are bh contractions and not real ones? some babies become very active in early labor as a reaction to contractions, i know mine did.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 9:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• How can I be sure if they're real or not? They don't hurt much, just squeezing and tight. I have noticed when I'm not having a contraction I am having strong period cramps really low. I'm nauseated and my mid/lower back is burning.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't be concerned about movement. I'd be more concerned about a LACK of movement. I know I always had a few times during each of my 3 pregnancies that the baby would move a LOT! It would last for a day or so. I always figured that I just ate too much sugar. :) My suggestion would be to try and relax and get a good night's rest and check with your OB in the morning.
    MDMomof2Cuties

Answer by MDMomof2Cuties at 9:28 PM on Nov. 18, 2009