What would you say?

Someone I know was talking to me. Telling me her assistant quit. Her life is the worst. She does sales online. Any way she knows my car broke down last month! She knows we're jobless, uninsured and having many hardships. Her only children are her dogs. She told me she doesn't have a maternal instinct in her body. I have a lot more problems! As she was talking I had the worst Migraine! Dh is ill with the H1N1 Swine Flu Etc.. I mean so much is happening and I hear this! She earns like $65,000. Her husband is on over time! Life is so good for her! But she's going on.. & on.. how bad it is that her assistant Quit effective next month! I'm Listening compassionatley. But thinking your life is good! She spends more on her dogs then most may on thier children! I didn't have the heart to say Yes but look at us. We have nothing going for us! But I just nodded and gave her the empathy & kind ear she needed. What would you have said?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would have probably done what you did. It sucks but it's also a good thing you're kind. However, if it becomes a bigger issue, tell her how you feel. If she doesn't get it, I'd say, "Oh just shut up!" Good luck with people like. I know how it is.
    Anonymous

• Honestly you did the right thing. Sometimes it's just better to listen then to start a "who has it worse" battle. I hope that someone is there for you when you need to rant about something in your life. I'm sorry that things aren't going so well for you and your family right now but I hope you can look on the bright side: you have a family. You have maternal instincts and you are raising you kid/s through tough times. Make some time for yourself. Take a hot bath and try to relax in a dark room to get rid of that Migraine and take the time to appreciate what you do have in your life. {{{HUGS}}} Things will get better.
    Pookie1016

Answer by Pookie1016 at 11:15 PM on Nov. 18, 2009