I just had my hair highlighted and I hate it. When can I redye it back to normal?

I got my hair highlighted tonight for my wedding in 3 weeks. The girl is my husbands friend and he told me she was good at doing it and does her own all the time. Well I hate it. It looks horrible. Its not me. I need it gone and I am about to cry (I am also pregnant and really emotional). When can I go and get more dye and put it back to its normal color.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i would suggest that you wait a day and see how it looks then, how dark is your natural color what level did she bring you up to? all these things play an important roll if your going to color your hair
    wyattgrace

Answer by wyattgrace at 9:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• It might be best if you go to a professional. You want to look your very best for your wedding.

Answer by Bmat at 9:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My hair is light to medium brown. Its now blonde (which is partly my fault they didnt have red at the store which is what I wanted, however it looked good on the box on the exact same color hair, its also is thinner strips, She chunked my hair not highlighted it). I cant get it professionally done because they will charge $160 to do it and I cant afford that, especially 3 weeks before my wedding when I have all the last minute things to get and my husband and I dont have jobs. My mom paid for most of the wedding, but I dont want to ask her for $160 on top of the whole wedding (but the gifts, favors, and my kids outfits) and she is paying for mine and my sisters hair to be done that day.
    Anonymous

• I think it'd be fine to dye it again; I would dye it all one color don't attempt to highlight or anything.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 9:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I once dyed my hair 4 times in one night; yes my scalp burned but I had to fix it; I wouldn't take it that far though because you don't want your hair to fall out..but once would be okay
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 9:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• my professional opinion site unseen is go to the beauty supply and match your natural level then go on shade LIGHTER with 10 vol peroxide it will not give you your natural color but will tone your blonde down to blend in better
    wyattgrace

Answer by wyattgrace at 9:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Where the heck do you live that a quick spash of toner would cost $160? wyattgrace gave you good advice. Another option would be to go the beauty supply and pick out a semi permenant color 1-2 shades lighter (and the semi-permenant developer). The semi permenant will not lighten your unlightened hair, but it will tone/darken the highlights.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would just buy a box of hair dye and redo it get the color that is closest to your natural hair color and leave it on 30 - 40 minutes then rinse. Try Revlon or Nice & Easy GL.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 20, 2009