The medicine to make a puppy stool hard?

Hello.

I've got 9 weeks old pup and she pooped 12 times today!
And her stools are soft and runny.
A friend of mine told me to get her a medicine that helps her feces hard.
Would that help and OK for her?

Also, I'm pretty worried about her frequency of pooping..... :(
Thank you in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Pets

• When our Adult dogs have loose stools we don't feed for 24 hours. For Puppies you should only stop feeding for 12 hours. Make sure he has clean water, and if things don't get better after the 12 hours then I would call the vet. GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• What are you feeding the puppy? Have you changed her diet without switching foods slowly? Has she been dewormed recently? If the food she is on is not a good quality food that will cause dogs to poop more. If there has been a sudden diet change or she has worms that can cause loose stool. You need to get her in to the vet to be checked for worms. There is a medicine you can get form the vet that helps if they have diarrhea

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would watch for other signs. Throwing up, things like that. The loose stools could be a sign of Parvo, that's how Ace started out when he had it. If she gets worse you may need to take her to a vet.

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 1:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• There is no "medicine" that will harden the poo. If the pup is pooing that much something is wrong, not good quality food, worms, sickness, got into something, or something like that. You could try feeding some unsweetend pumpkin and see if that helps make it firmer. What do you feed her? Does there appear to be anything that could possibly be a worm in her poo? (white angel hair pasta looking or flat like a piece of tape) Could she have gotten in anything? Has there been a change in diet? Id take her to the vet and get her tested for worms (take in some poop) many many pups have worms without the owners knowing.
    stargazerwolf

Answer by stargazerwolf at 11:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2009