22 weeks w/ burning in my boob

I'm pregnant with my 2nd and don't remember having this feeling. The feeling is a weird burning sensation in my left breast that has come and gone every so often for the past 2 days. It is not a severe pain, but definitely uncomfortable.

Anyone else experince this or know what might be causing it?

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 9:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have experienced that before with my son my doc told me that it was normal but who knows maybe you should let your doc know incase it is something bad but like I said thow my doc told me it was normal and it continued after he was born but good luck to you
    chrystal389

Answer by chrystal389 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Im 27 weeks pregnant and the same thing happened to me a couple of times in my 1st trimester. Then it happened again a couple of weeks ago. It's normal. It will go away!!!
    tinkerbell319

Answer by tinkerbell319 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Probably normal, but just a note to keep a look out for signs of mastitis (infection) - it usually happens once your nursing, but if you're leaking it could happen now too:

go to your doc if you also have any of these:

fever
    redness in the breast
    a warm or hot feeling
    extra tenderness to the touch.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Honestly, it sounds like a let-down sensation - when your milk ejects. You might not be having the colostrum leaking, but your milk ducts could be prepping.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 11:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2009