Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do?? I need some suggestions.

My boyfriend and I moved up to help his mother with psych issues. She is in a bad relationship, wanted to kill herself, so she went to a mental hospital. Well, she's in therapy and despite everyone's advice she is still with this guy. My son and I, of course came with him to help his mother. Every time he makes her cry she comes to me. Recently though he screamed awful obscenities, while drunk, at me and in front of my son. She did not care, still doesn't and wants to act like it didn't happen. It's her house, but now I have no where else to go. I could move back with my dad, but my boyfriend can't because he didn't stand up for me and that made my father lose respect for him. I don't want to speak up to her, I've tried and failed. I'm getting depressed over so many things happening at once. What should/can I do about this?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • His mother is a danger to you and your child. She's already tried to kill herself.

    Get out of the house, NOW. Let your boyfriend handle his mom, and be available but don't be living. there.

    Answer by gdiamante at 9:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

  • Perhaps you should consider a life without this guy. He doesn't sound very appealing. If you don't have a job already then maybe you should get one or training for one. Stay with your father until you can get on your feet.

    Answer by Bmat at 9:53 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

  • This whole thing is so frustrating. I love my boyfriend, but he is so passive and at times lazy. He had a job, but fell for a scam thinking he would get paid better for easier work that he loved, so now he doesn't have a job, and nor do I. I'd lost my important documents when we moved up here but didn't know it until 3 months later when someone finally called me for an interview. I finally got mine, but not my son's yet, nor out social security cards. It seems the vote has been unanimous though, leave for my fathers and what ever else happens just happens. I really hate when things like this happens. I loathe people like her boyfriend and herself. It's a sick relationship that disgusts me. I wished I'd stayed in VA where we had our own place, jobs, babysitters, and a car. *Sigh*

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

  • Get away from the chaos. She needs help that you can't get and she'll drag you and your child into her craziness. Protect your child and your sanity.

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:33 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

  • Thank you for your reply "admckenzie". I'm studying to be a psychologist now and I know even when I do get my masters in it there will be no helping her. She's brainwashed in his insanity. He's thoroughly a freak and so is she for allowing his behavior. I cannot subject my son to her, or myself to it any longer. She wants to think I'm a "lazy, bossy, good-for-nothing" too. But I do way more than she ever has. She is a nurse, should know about cleanliness, but she doesn't even clean her bathroom, even when her disgusting bf pisses everywhere. I have to clean it. Yet she takes two or more showers a day. I'm sick of many people in general. If not for having a child I would be a hermit and live some where far away from people in a little house in the middle of no where and only work with people, helping to change one crazy mind at a time.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Can you do a cartwheel?