Is civilian court a reward for killing American civilians?

Cole bombers were tried in a military court.
9-11 bombers to be tried in civilian court.
Military Court is considered a stern and efficient court. Civilian court is the court system used by US criminals.

Is civilian court a reward for a terrorist who was captured during a war?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Separately, Holder said the men who carried out the attack on the destroyer USS Cole in Yemen will be tried in a military court. The attorney general said that because that crime took place overseas and involved a military target, it was more appropriate to prosecute the perpetrators in a military court.

But Holder said it made more sense to try the 9/11 plotters in New York where civilians were targeted. "Cases are typically tried in the place where the offense occurred," he said.

What do you mean, criminals USE everyday?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• and PS, they are being tried in FEDERAL COURT

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Its still civilian as opposed to MILITARY sweet. And I think it will come back to bite them in the butt.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:24 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• No it's not a reward. We bring terrorist to this country for trial more often than the public really knows about.
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 10:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• So, I suppose the attack on the Pentagon doesn't count.

sweet will never be able to see is that acts of war should be tried in military court, not civilian court.

This decision will have dire consequences. I will not be surprised if some of them get off scot free. There are already several issues.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

Please give me a reliable link to this. I would like names/dates other info regarding terrorists that were detained during an active war in a foreign country, brought to the US and tried in civilian court.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• So, I suppose the attack on the Pentagon doesn't count. sweet will never be able to see is that acts of war should be tried in military court, not civilian court.

Please don't tell me what I will see, the reason was MOST of the victims were civilian

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• So what if they were civilian. So were the Jews.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• "This is not link knowledge." ; ) FARC....Washington DC...FARC...New York......Look up laws under the 960 and 959. Haji Juma Khan (Afghanistan) will be tried in NY or DC...can't remember. Haji Noorzi was tried in NY in either 07 or 08.....should I keep going?
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 11:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• The mastermind already plead guilty, I believe, so there really is no reason for him to see the inside of a courtroom.

*******
    The real problem, IMO, stands in that he has never been given due process. No Miranda warnings, no speedy trial, under our laws, they would technically be free to go. NOT acceptable!
    ********
    As far as the bush administration being put on trial, I can't see how, unless they are going to try and argue that gitmo was so awful that it should count as time served.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2009