If you actually had a social life, would you still have time for Cafemom?

Another question (my own) made me think.....If I truly had an IRL social life, I probably wouldn't have time for CM, which is much more low maintenance than having "real" friends. LOL!

Or do you have a social life and just do CM at work?

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 10:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have a well balanced life including time for, my child,my DF,my art,the house,my garden,yoga,meditation and running errands. I think its a matter of time management, social life or not,  i manage to make time for all the things i enjoy, including time to myself and chatting with woman on CM that i have befriended. One is a pen pal and confidant and fellow artist and another artist that i inspired to start her passion on sketching again.  Whats a "social life" anyway? its only what it is to you.

EarthHippy

Answer by EarthHippy at 10:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I have no computer at work, so I just visit CM while at home. It is easy to do chores and check in here from time to time during a break. If I went out more, it would cut down on computer time.

Answer by Bmat at 10:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I have an ok social life, but most of my friends either work during the day or sleep all day. I think I'm the only SAHM I know who is home and awake all day lol. One of my friends sleeps til 1130 or 12, the others all work. We hang out at night on the weekends. So I have a weekend social life lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I'm a SAHM, Hubby works away from home 4-6 weeks at a time so I'm home every evening. Kids are in bed by 8pm so that's why I'm here. I don't run around unless it's kids, or school related.. When Hubby's home we have date nights, but we don't hang out at bars.. I guess we've grown out of partying..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I RATHER HAVE CAFEMOM THIN SOCIAL LIFE ANY TIME ! BECOUSE PEAPLE ON HERE ARE FUNNY AND SWEET AND PEAPLE MACK ME SMILL ! !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 10:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Me too, MrsLeftlane. When we only had one child (and were in our very young 20's) we went out all the time! But now that we have 3 kids, been married almost 14 years, and are in our early 30's, we just go hang out at friends houses or have friends over on the weekends and watch movies, play card games, etc. I also love getting on here when hubby is at work and the kids are at school.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I'm a SAHM and I just don't get out during the day like some of my other SAHM friends and WAHM friends do. I just can't get it together like they can and be out eating sushi at 11am with a toddler in tow. WTHeck?!?! I like to be home when hubby wakes up, he works nights, and I usually don't go anywhere after 5. If I do it's to the grocery store, etc. I spend a lot of time with family, but I don't hang out with girlfriends like I used to. I have phone conversations with them but I'm just not into playdates and that kind of thing.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• social life? whats that? i have anxiety & i just cant handle most awkward social situations (making friends, yuck!). i spend lots of time w/ my family & those are the weekends i find myself ignoring CM. also, DH & i have no friends in the area...they all moved away after college :(
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I work full time, and yes, I have a social life, quite a heavy one at times. I do this late at night when everyone is at home in their beds...
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I would because I really only get on here at night, after the kids are asleep....so I dont think iw oudl have friends over then anyways lol...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2009