My son 5 month old son has a cough

what can i do to help it? i know their is baby vicks vapor rub but are there any other remedies or medicines i can use to help him out...it isn't a full on cold, he only coughs once in a while and he doesn't have a fever, but i would like his cough to be minimal before it gets out of control

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you breastfeed, that is probably the best for his age group.

Do not use the vicks or at least read first. I thought they said not to use it anymore on babies.

Medicines are not going to help it from becoming out of control...just let it run it's course unless there are breathing issues or the coughing is preventing him from eating, sleeping etc...

Do NOT give honey to him either since he is under age 1.
    Anonymous

• You know a Vick's vaporizer is fantastic when your baby is not feeling well. I remember when My little guy got his first cold. I took him to the doctor and they told me there is nothing you can do for them unless the cold is in there chest. I know its crazy they have to get really sick before they will do anything. I don't know if you noticed but you can't buy any infant cold medicine they don't sell it at all. Just regular Tylenol for fever and pain. Just in case  he has sore throat you could give him a little Tylenol before bed to help him rest better. hope your little guy feels better soon.

smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• hot shower running, a humidifier, breast-milk, and Tylenol if he starts to run a fever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Nov. 19, 2009