your last thoughts...

I have always wondered if you knew when youwere going to die...like the day it happens, do you have a feeling int he pit of your stomach? I mean obviously no one here will know because you are alive and on the net...

a friend of the family just died the other night in a car wreck. She was a 33 y/o mom to 2 young boys...she was having a night out with her b/f ... she got drunk and drove into pole.... I looked at her myspace today and her staus was ..Cant wait until 5. Going to have a much needed night out. Excited to have the next 2 days off.

I dont think there is a question here...just thoughts...like what do you think happens right before you die? It is just weird to think, like if I died tomorrow, and my family would come into my house..like my robe would be laying on the couch, would they put it away? A friend lost her hubby 8 months ago, his boots are still sitting on her porch, where he left them.

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 10:35 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh dear. Such gloomy observations. I admit when I leave the house I try not to leave anything embarrassing around- such as a dirty sink, or something else that I wouldn't want someone coming in and seeing if anything happened to me. When my father passed away, I forced myself to sit in his chair so that the chair wouldn't become a shrine and not used. It was rough, because I missed him terribly, and still do. Similarly when my husband's dad died, I urged his mom to wind the cuckoo clock that the dad had always taken care of, and she did. It would become too tempting to make an obsession of something like that.

Answer by Bmat at 10:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• My condolences to you and your friend's children.

I think it's rare for someone to know when they will die. I look at death like the third hand on a clock...tick, tick, tick, stop. You don't know when it will stop.

My uncle burns the clothes he is wearing whenever he finds out someone he cares about has died. For some reason those clothes will remind him of that person forever.

Left behind possessions are a blessing and a heartache to those still living.

07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 10:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• I don't think you necessarily know when you are going to die, but there was some foreshadowing on my part the day my husband died and I knew precisely the moment he left this earth. That was definitely a pit of the stomach type of thing. Looking back, there was a lot of foreshadowing in our lives in the months before his death, like we both knew of the probability of it happening, but on that day? Not on his part, I don't think, then again, how will I know?

I have a group "Widowed By Alcholism" that has some members that lost friends or other loved ones that weren't their spouse due to drunk driving or other forms of drug and alcohol abuse, etc. You are welcome to join if you'd like.

Sorry for your loss. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:49 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Very easy to become attached to clothes, like some of the PP said. I slept with a pile of my LH's dirty laundry for almost three months. I still have some of it packed away, unwashed.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Funny, but I usually have a very good " I was wearing this when" memory, but I can't remember what I wore the day he died....
    WindyTheWidow