How many of you will be ordering a centerpiece from a florist for Thanksgiving?

I am just wondering because I grew up with large family gatherings for holidays and they were usually pretty casual. I mean we used the good dishes, but I didn't grow up in a family with china, crystal and silver. So the idea of ordering a centerpiece is strange to me. The best Thanksgivings I can remember were at my Grandmother's, where we ate in her kitchen in shifts, LOL. Her Dining room actually served another purpose so she only had the kitchen table. Not to mention we would never have had room for a centerpiece. The table sat six but was always full of food. Usually about 9 or 10 side dishes plus the turkey.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hmm you know we've never had a centerpiece either and Im a florist. LOL I've made thanksgiving centerpieces but never for myself. Theyre beautiful but really not necissary. Plus there is waaaaay to much food on our table to support a centerpiece lol
    Anonymous

• I have Christmas at my house and always order a nice centerpiece. Makes me happy.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 10:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• t would be a total waste - to me anyhow- I don't even ever want real flowers from hubby for any reason- I think it's a waste of money since they will just die. I'd rather get something that will last ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Never thought of it but this would be nice of some sorts.  Not too difficult.

Anonymous

• I usually make my own each year, but they need to be moved off the table to accomodate all the food. I never have a place to put them when they are off the table, so they are kind of a pain in the neck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2009