I asked my SIL to lunch, twice by leaving voice mails and twice on email. No response. Do I just give up?

I am just trying to create a relationship with her and she's ignoring me.

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Give up, you tried.

• I'd take the hint then.

Answer by Blueliner at 11:11 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Give up.

• Next time you see her or speak with her, tell her to let you know if she wants to go out sometimes. Other than that, give up.

• Give up, it's what I eventually had to do. What made it worse was my SIL would complain she had no relationship with us, but we would go out of our way to drop things or even offer to give her our house key so she could drop by (at the time she worked right near where we lived) and she just never did; instead she was always off with friends. It was annoying, but I have always figured it her loss as I did my best to try.

Answer by Knightquester at 1:01 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Let it go. You've reached out to her, now its her time to reach out to you. But don't expect it anytime soon. In her presence be nice....

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2009