i am prenant with my third child...i am 25 and got gripped out by my brother? he really hurt my feelings. what would you do?

i found out sunday i am expecting my third child. i am divorced with two children from my marriage. i left my husband two years ago because of his drug use. since then i have gotten on my feet held a job the entire time. gotten my own place and started college. (i am 25) i met a man a year and half ago who is now my bf. we have been dating seriously for just over a year now. he is the olny person i have dated since my marriage ended..all my fam is happy cuz he is a great guy...i was excited till i told my older brother. and he pretty much gripped me out. we had planned to get married and have a baby down the road. but it just happened in a different order. he has stepped in as a father for my two previous children (their father has nothing to do with them) i know this isnt the proper way but is it really that bad for him to gripe me out over? i lost my dad two weeks ago and for the first time since i was happy. now idk..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well there a lot of people who have children before they get married, i wouldn't say it's not proper these days...it's just not "traditional or religious". you're fine. don't worry about what your brother has to say. this man has taken over responsibilities as a father to your children. you were planning to get married anyway. sounds good to me. and this is coming from someone who got married and had children after. so no matter what order you go in...as long as you are happy and the one you are with treats you right.
    Anonymous

• I think his griping is coming from another source (his dad dying). I don't think he means to take it out on you, but he did. Just give him some time and then talk to him about it later.
    Anonymous

• I have no clue what I would do it this situation! Maybe I'd tell him how he made me feel and that I was happy and if that's the way he feels he can keep his opinions to himself!! .......BE HAPPY GIRL Dont let anyone ruin your joy!! CONGRATS!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Maybe he's disappointed because he loves you and wanted things to be perfect for you. Give him time to let it sink in. He will come around...especially since your bf is a great guy. (and if he marries you!)
    Congratulations :)
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 10:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• op here..we had talked about getting married and he was actually waiting on me to be ready...with the way my first marriage went i have been Leary..i am in college and my bro is worried that i am going to quit..i told him it will be fine...the baby is due int he summer so it shouldnt effect it that much. i do have to say i am somewhat ashamed of myself..i am a grown woman and i should have taken better precautions. but nevertheless my children are the joy in my life. and this one will be no different. when i told my bf i was pregnant he saw the test. he smiled and with tears in his eyes he got down on his knees kissed my belly and told me he promises he will be the best popa...it was so sweet. he is older than i am he is 30 and has no other children and never been married has two job which he has held for 8 and 2 years..and treats me like a queen. and after over a year he still gives me butterflies in my tummy..
    Anonymous

• AWWWW!!! OP that is so sweet :) he must be a wonderful man :) you are lucky! be happy! like other posts said...your brother is probably just worried about you and maybe taking it hard from your dad dying. Trust me things will be okay :) you got it good! yayy! congrats!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Never mind i miscarried this morning. :(
    Anonymous