Sleeping arrangements?!

my 6wk old son does not like his crib nor his pack n play. . . I can only get him to sleep in his bouncer or with me. . Does anyone have any suggestions to help him adjust to his crib or pack n play?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• After being in the womb for 40 weeks babies are used to all that little cozy space they have, best thing to do is put him in the bassenet or baby swing, I'm not sure how safe the bouncy is, babies that little don't really roll over but you just never know, myabe you can get him a sleep arranger that you can put in his bed to make him feel cozy. Here is a link of some ideas from babies r us, hope this made sense

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2256227

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:07 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• Try swaddling. I had to teach my SIL how to do it, so my nephew would finally sleep in his crib and it worked. It usually worked for mine too. Mine always loved their bouncy seats, swings, and my arms of course. All of those are fine. Just make sure you don't put the bouncy seat on anything high. I would put mine in the crib sometimes.

http://www.solanababywear.com/articles.asp?id=123
    Anonymous

• Try using a sleep positioner! The one we used has long contoured pads that hug along the length of my daughters body from her underarms to her knees. I think it mimics the feeling of being held tightly in my arms so she doesn't get mad being put down in the crib. Swaddling is a great idea too! We use the Halo Swaddle Me velcro blankets with the positioner, it works really well.
    ChrissMiss321

Answer by ChrissMiss321 at 1:02 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• i also think you should try swaddling, you dont need to buy some fancy blanket either, just a normal receiving blanket...there are videos that can teach you how to do them nice and snug on youtube
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:05 AM on Nov. 19, 2009

• we do swaddle him. . . but once he's down in the crib he wakes up. . .sometimes he sleeps in his pack and play with his pillow i use to nurse him but im scared to leave him alone with a pillow. .. the nurses said nothing should be in his crib or bassinet but he cant sleep with nothing : (
    Anonymous